The Construction Services Division of Wiss & Company offers construction-specific accounting, audit, tax and consulting services delivered by industry-dedicated professionals. Because of our industry focus, we possess a depth of knowledge and experience that is unequaled, and are able to offer our construction clients proactive and insightful business advice that helps build a better bottom line. Our construction client relationships are forged through frequent and open access to our partners, combined with a vast array of expertise and creative problem solving.
Accounting and Auditing
- Contractor pre-qualification statements
- Employee benefit plan audits
Tax Planning and Compliance
- Corporate, partnership and individual tax services
- Estate tax planning
- Proactive identification of industry-unique tax planning opportunities
- Representation before federal, state and local taxing authorities
- Sales tax auditing
- 2018 Tax Reform consulting
- Mergers and acquisitions structuring
- Cost segregation studies
Specialized Consultation for the Construction Industry
- Design of internal control, transaction processing and financial reporting systems
- Selection of industry-specific data processing systems
- Design of employee incentive and benefit plans
- Performance benchmarking
- Enhanced billing practices and other cash flow improvements
- Capital financing strategy and negotiations
- Business continuity planning
- Assistance in selecting ideal accounting information systems
Our experienced professionals are experts in Sage Timberline and Masterbuilder, as well as Viewpoint. If you need specific technology guidance, we can connect you with Sage or Viewpoint support.
Construction Contract Dispute Services
- Contract dispute avoidance strategies
- Contract claim preparation and presentation
Clients of Wiss are immersed in our network of trusted bonding and banking professionals.
Given our extraordinary experience with contract claims, as well as contractor accounting systems and methodology, we are ideally equipped for the task of developing and supporting damage calculations and theory. Our professionals have participated in settlement negotiations and testified as expert witnesses in court proceedings and before arbitration panels.