As previous Partner at a leading law firm, Leo Matarazzo represented families, professionals and closely held businesses in all aspects of tax and estate planning as well as business succession planning.
Here at Wiss Private Client Group, LLC (Wiss PCG), Leo applies his expertise in these related areas and uses a unique consultative approach to address wealth-eroding factors such as taxes, market volatility, lawsuits and inflation, as well as unexpected life events.
Through the use of customized insurance strategies and related planning, Wiss PCG helps clients to attain a greater level of protection while accumulating, accessing and distributing their wealth in a tax efficient manner. As a result of Leo's background and in working together, clients are able to gain full confidence that they have fully protected themselves, their families, their businesses and their future.
Specifically, Wiss PCG assists clients with the following:
- Estate, Gift and Generation Skipping Transfer Tax planning strategies
- Review Wills and Trusts
- Asset protection/preservation strategies
- Equalize non active child in a family owned business
- Buy/Sell and Succession planning
- Review Stockholders Agreements
- Incentivize Key Employees through the use of Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation Plans, Executive Bonus Plans and Phantom Stock Plans which avoid minority shareholder disputes
- Employee Benefits
Customized Insurance Strategies
- Protection against premature death, sickness or injury
- Provide liquidity to pay estate taxes
- Funding mechanisms for Buy/Sell planning
- Create conservative asset class protected from creditors, taxes, market volatility
- Enhance distribution plan in retirement
BA - Economics, Columbia University
JD, Rutgers School of Law
LLM - Taxation, New York University School of Law
Leo is a resident of Wyckoff. When not in the office, he enjoys spending time with his wife and four children. Leo is also actively involved with the Columbia University Mens Soccer Alumni Group.
Leo has co-authored various articles and blogs in publications such as Law360, New York Law Journal, New Jersey Law Journal, The Advisor, and Tax, Trusts & Estates Law Monitor.
Registered Representative of Park Avenue Securities LLC (PAS), OSJ: 52 Forest Avenue, Paramus, NJ 07652. Securities products and services offered through PAS, (201) 843-7700. Financial Representative. The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY (Guardian). PAS is an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Guardian.
Wiss Private Client Group, LLC (Wiss PCG) is not an affiliate or subsidiary of PAS or Guardian. PAS is a member FINRA, SIPC. Not practicing law for Wiss PCG or Guardian or any subsidiaries or affiliates thereof. Wiss PCG, Guardian, their subsidiaries, agents, and employees do not provide tax, legal, or accounting advice. Consult your tax, legal, or accounting professional regarding your individual situation.
2017-47292 Exp. 10/19