Construction Accountants with Knowledgeable Insight
The Construction Services Division of Wiss & Company offers construction-specific accounting, audit, tax and consulting services delivered by industry-dedicated professionals. We serve a broad base of well known contractors in all segments of the construction market. Because of our industry focus, we possess a depth of knowledge and experience that is unequaled, and are able to offer our construction clients proactive and insightful business advice that helps build a better bottom line.
Making the Complex Simple for Construction Contractors
Our construction client relationships are forged through frequent and open access to our partners, combined with a vast array of expertise and creative problem solving. With Wiss, you will be advised by accounting experts who not only understand the importance of high quality financial and tax services, but who also speak your language. At Wiss, we strive to make the complex simple. Our work may be technically involved, yet our conclusions and recommendations are presented in plain English.
Accounting and Consulting Services for the Construction Industry
Accounting and Auditing
- Contractor pre-qualification statements
- Employee benefit plan audits
Tax Planning and Compliance
- Corporate, partnership and individual tax services
- Estate tax planning
- Proactive identification of industry-unique tax planning opportunities
- Representation before federal, state and local taxing authorities
- Mergers and acquisitions structuring
- Cost segregation studies
Specialized Consultation for the Construction Industry
- Design of internal control, transaction processing and financial reporting systems
- Selection of industry-specific data processing systems
- Design of employee incentive and benefit plans
- Performance benchmarking
- Enhanced billing practices and other cash flow improvements
- Capital financing strategy and negotiations
- Business continuity planning
Construction Contract Dispute Services
- Contract dispute avoidance strategies
- Contract claim preparation and presentation
Given our extraordinary experience with contract claims, as well as contractor accounting systems and methodology, we are ideally equipped for the task of developing and supporting damage calculations and theory. Our professionals have participated in settlement negotiations and testified as expert witnesses in court proceedings and before arbitration panels.
Efficiently managing important, time-sensitive documents such as purchase orders, invoices, subcontracts, and other paperwork is a huge burden in the construction industry. Processing, storing and retrieving these documents can have big impact on project costs -- especially when important documents must be reviewed and approved for payment and project management is out at job sites. Wiss recently recommended a client implement a paperless best practice for their document system, using add-on software that integrates with their existing software. The result -- faster processing of invoices, easy retrieval of documents, electronic e-mail alerts for things like invoice approval, and, most importantly, no more misplaced information.
See All Construction Accounting Services Case Studies